1. WHAT IS THIS POLICY?
In order to make use of our services, from time to time, you may need to give us personal data (by which you, or someone else can be identified). We know how important it is to keep this information safe, and want you to be confident that you understand what uses we might make of that data. So we have set it all out in the policy below. If you have any questions about the policy, feel free to send us an email to email@example.com.
2. WHAT DO THE DEFINED TERMS MEAN IN THIS POLICY?
For ease, we have defined the meanings of some words which you will see throughout this policy. Anywhere you see these words (with the first letter capitalised) it will have the same meaning as set out below:
“Data Subject” means the individual who the Personal Data identifies;
“DPA” means the Data Protection Act 1998;
“GoReport® Software” means the software tool created by us for the purpose of capturing, processing and reproducing surveying data, and includes any updates and/or related mobile app or tools which we make available to you, as well as this website;
“Personal Data” has the meaning given to it in the DPA;
“RICS” means the Royal Institution Of Chartered Surveyors; and
“Scheme Materials” has the meaning given to it in our Terms.
Throughout this policy, any reference to a particular law is a reference to it as it is in force for the time being, taking account of any amendment, extension, application or re-enactment and includes any subordinate legislation for the time being in force made under it; words in the singular include the plural and in the plural include the singular; and references to “including” and “include(s)” shall be deemed to mean respectively, “including without limitation” and “include(s) without limitation”.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
It is likely that we will collect 2 different kinds of Personal Data:
(i) Personal Data which you (or your associates) provide us with for the purpose of providing you with our services (“Client Data”). This may include:
• NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION: your name, job title and contact details, and the names, job titles and contact details of individuals who work with you;
• CHECKS: any results from any checks which we may need to carry out in order to provide you with our services (including in relation to RICS Licensing Scheme);
• DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: about you or your associates, such as postcodes, preferences and interests;
• INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS AND PREFERENCES: from time to time you or your associates might provide us with information about our services, or respond to surveys we send out; and
• TRANSACTIONAL DATA: we may retain information about any services you have purchased from us, this may include any financial details you provide us with;
(ii) Any Personal Data about your customers, which you (or any of your associates) upload or transmit using the GoReport® Software (“Customer Data”).
4. HOW WILL WE USE THE CLIENT DATA WE COLLECT?
We may use the Client Data for the following purposes:
– OUR SERVICES: to provide you with the agreed services. For example, to set up a client account on the GoReport® Software, and enable certain permitted users to access it. We may also use the Client Data for the purpose of improving our services;
– ADMINISTRATION: including internal record keeping;
– DISPUTE RESOLUTION: to deal with any disputes which might arise between you and us in respect of our services;
– NOTIFICATIONS: to notify you of changes to our services and send out promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
– RICS LICENSING SCHEME: if you are using any Scheme Materials, we may also need to use Client Details to check that you are a current member of the RICS Licensing Scheme; and
– MARKET RESEARCH: From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use aggregate data for market research purposes.
5. HOW WILL WE USE THE CUSTOMER DATA WE COLLECT?
We will only use the Customer Data for the purpose of providing you with our services. We may also use aggregate data (which will be anonymised) for our own business use.
6. WILL THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BE DISCLOSED TO ANYONE ELSE?
We may disclose Personal Data to third parties for the following purposes:
– To any third party who provides a service (such as the transcription and/or dictation services) included in the GoReport® Software. It is up to you and your employees to ensure that you do not include sensitive information in your dictations. We recommend that personal or commercially sensitive information (e.g. name, address or company name) is not dictated, but rather typed into the GoReport® Software manually;
– If we sell or buy any business or assets. We will never sell Personal Data as a sole asset;
– If you use any Scheme Materials on the GoReport® Software, we may disclose Client Data to RICS as well as aggregate data collected from you when you use the GoReport® Software.
7. WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES DO WE HAVE IN PLACE?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Any Customer Data you upload onto the GoReport® Software is held on a cloud server in the EEA. Our secure infrastructure includes encryption, firewalls and access control.
8. WHERE DO WE STORE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
Any data which you upload using the GoReport® Software is held on a cloud server in the EEA. Unless you request us to, or it is strictly required in order to provide our services to you, we will not transfer any such data outside the EEA.
9. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE IN RESPECT OF ANY PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD?
You have the right to ask us not to process Personal Data about you for marketing purposes. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Data Subject has the right to access the information which we hold about them. The Data Subject’s right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA, and the Data Subject can contact us at our registered address given above. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing the Data Subject with details of the information we hold about them. We may need to request further information and identification to help us comply with any such request.
A Data Subject also has the right to ensure that we hold correct and up-to-date information. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please contact us at our registered address. We may need to ask you for further information and identification to help us to comply with this request.
We use both essential and non-essential cookies in the provision of our services. A list of the cookies we use is set out in our Cookies Policy, which can be accessed here.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Can you disable the cookies function?
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the GoReport® Software.
11. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CLICK ON A LINK TO ANOTHER WEBSITE?
From time to time, the GoReport® Software may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.